Monday, November 21, 2011

Tyler Paslawski on joining Bruins

I caught up with new Bruin Tyler Paslawski this afternoon. Here's what he had to say about coming to Estevan.

Reaction to the trade?

I was pretty surprised. I didn’t quite know where I was going to go, but it worked out pretty good. Estevan is a good place and their coach sounds like a good guy. I played with a couple of them in midget (Calder Neufeld and Ryan Ostertag).

On why he requested a trade from the Hawks:

I wasn’t happy with (Doug Johnson's) coaching. I wasn’t getting as much ice time as I’d like to have. I felt like I was being underplayed.

Happy that it's Estevan?

(Spectra Place) is a great facility. I’m pretty excited. (Also has family in Weyburn.)

On what he can bring to the Bruins:

I’m a physical guy, pretty good shot, looking to create a lot of offence, create room for my players. I expect to get a lot done, put up some numbers and hopefully win a championship. That’s the goal.

On Tyler Poskus:

He’s a really smart guy. Once he gets a little older and gets more experience in the league ... (going from) midget AA to the SJ is a pretty big step. He moves the puck really well, hard passer, so he’s a good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment